This popular program is designed to get strong, intermediate skiers ready for Heli-Skiing. Although not for beginners- or for skiers who have taken several years off, it's great for people who have put in about 20 days a year for the past several seasons.
Other prerequisites include:
- A strong, aggressive parallel turning technique
- Adept at up-stem and kick turns
- At ease with traversing steep slopes
- Able to side-slip and side-step up, down and sideways on narrow, steep terrain
Groups are composed of 10 skiers, and are split according to ability. They are led by 2 specially-trained guides and offered throughout the season (see Dates and Prices). To learn more, watch Introducing CMH Heli-Skiing.
A CMH Heli-Ski Trip: How Much Will I Get To Ski?
- 10-day Powder Introduction = 43,570 m (142,860 ft) with 30,500 m (100,000 ft) GUARANTEED
- 10-day Powder Masters = 43,570 m (142,860 ft) with 30,500 m (100,000 ft) GUARANTEED
- 7 day Heli Ski Trips = 30,500 m (100,000 ft) with 21,780 m (71,000 ft) GUARANTEED
- 5 day Heli Ski Trips = 21,500 m (70,000 ft) with 15,250 m (49,700 ft) GUARANTEED
A CMH Heli-Ski Trip: What's Included
- All meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- All lodge accommodations and use of lodge facilities (saunas, whirlpools, etc.)
- Fully escorted transportation to and from Calgary International Airport
- ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) and/or IFMGA (International Federation of Mountain Guides Association) certified guides, plus benefits of HeliCat Canada membership
- Training in and use of avalanche transceivers
- Use of Atomic Heli-Daddy skis and poles (NOTE: Due to limited supplies, CMH encourages riders to bring their own snowboards, boots and, if possible, collapsible poles. Boots not provided. See Snowboarding for more info.
Please note: Transportation for early flight departures costs extra.
Important: ALL SKIERS MUST SIGN A CMH HELI-SKI WAIVER.